ServiceNOW has a reporting module which caters the requirement to fetch the reports from tables which are available in servicenow instance. User can fetch data from any table. ServiceNow reports can be lists, charts, or calendar-based views of data in a particular table. The ServiceNow system also offers a range of predefined reports that pertain to applications and features like incident management and service catalog requests. User can create their own reports. User can generate ServiceNow reports manually or according to a schedule.
MENUS IN REPORT SECTION
- View/Run: View, create, and edit reports.
- Create New: Create reports.
- Scheduled Reports: View, create, and edit scheduled reports.
- Header Footer Templates: View, create, and edit page headers and footers for PDF reports.
- All: View and manage global reports. This module is labeled Edit in versions prior to Fuji.
- Report Sources: View, create, and edit report sources.
- Report Ranges: View and edit report ranges.
- Chart Colors: View and edit colors currently in use, per report.
- Color Definition: View, create, and edit colors used for graphical reports.
- Properties: View and edit some reporting application properties.
- Summary Sets: View, create, and edit chart data sets.
- Custom Charts: View, create, and edit custom charts if the feature has been activated.
CONTROLLING REPORT VISIBILITY
User can control the visibility of reports. They can make the reports visible to anyone they want. Reports can be made visible to :
- Report can be Global which is visible to all users.
- Report can be made visible only to the report creator.
- Report can be made visible to one or more specific users.
- Report can be made visible to one or more specific groups.
Report visibility controls which users can access individual reports.
TYPES OF REPORT
Reports can be many types:
- List : Data in the form of list
- Line : Data in the form of list
- Column : Displays how one or more values change over time by displaying them in vertical columns.
- Area : Displays area between the axis and line is displayed with colors.
- Spline : Displays how one or more values change over time by connecting a series of data points with a fitted curve through the data points.
- Bar : Displays rectangular bars with lengths proportional to the corresponding values that they represent. The bars can be displayed vertically or horizontally.
- Pareto : Combination of bar and line charts
- Histogram : Provides visual dispaly of numerical data by indicating the number of data points that lie within a range of values.
- Pie : Shows how individual pieces of data relate to the whole.
- Donut : Compares the size of parts to the whole.
- Semi – Donut: Compares the size of parts to the whole. Only difference between a donut and a semi-donut chart is that a semi-donut is a donut sliced in half.
- Speedometer : Displays the count of an indicator you want to measure at the moment. Speedometer shows numbers in the form of a round meter.
- Dial : Displays a quick and simple overview of the count of an indicator you want to measure at this moment.
- Pivot Table : Aggregates data from a table to display the source of summarized data.
- Funnel : Displays values as progressively decreasing proportions. The size of the area is determined by the series value as a percentage of the total of all values.
- Calender : Displays data-driven events in a calendar format.
- Pyramid : Displays a variation on a bar chart that uses pyramid shapes instead of horizontal rectangles.
- Box : Shows the distribution of values in a data set.
- Trend : Displays change of one or more items over time.
- Control Chart : Displays data as a series of connected points to determine whether or not a business process is in a state of statistical control.
- Trendbox : Shows the difference between groups over time.
HOW TO RUN/CREATE REPORT
STEP 1: Goto Report module & click on View/Run. This will open a page as shown in below screenshot :
STEP 2: Fill in the required details in Table, Type fields. In table field, select Table name whose data you want to fetch then select the tyep of report you want. When all the fields are as per your requirement , click on Run button.
Step 3: Once data appears, you can export it in excel by right clicking on the grey bar you will get an option to export to excel/csv/pdf/png. Click on that option & it will start downloading the file.