Question: What is Business Rule ?.
Answer: Business Rule is one of components of SOA Suite tool. We use this component to define business policies. Oracle Business Rules allows a business analyst to change policies that are expressed as business rules, with little or no assistance from a programmer.
Question: What are benefits of Business Rule component ?.
Answer: Below are the benefits of Business Rule component in SOA Suite.
1. Business Rules are easier to change .i.e. when we need to make the change in business rule then we need not to make changes in code, we need to go one web browser and update the business policies there.
2. Very little or no knowledge required for business user to work on these business rules.
3. Rules are more responsive to business requirements.
4. Rules are easily accessible.
Question: How we can use Business Rules in SOA Composite ?.
Answer: We can use the Business Rules in SOA composite by following ways.
1. Standalone : We expose Business Rules to client.
2. From BPEL: We invoke Business Rules from BPEL process.
3. From Human Task: We Invoke Business Rules from Human Task component.
Question: What is Fact in Business Rule ?.
Answer: Fact in Business Rules represent the data or business objects that rules are applied to.
Question: What is Rule in Business Rules ?.
Answer: A rule consists of two parts, an IF part which consists of one or more tests to be applied to fact(s), and a THEN part, which lists the actions to be carried out should the test to evaluate to true.
Question: What is Rule Set ?
Answer: As the name implies, it is just a set of one or more related rules that are designed to work together.
Question: What is Dictionary ?.
Answer: A dictionary is the container of all components that make up a business rule, it holds all the facts, rule sets, and rules for a business rule.
Question: What activity we need to use in BPEL to call Business Rules ?.
Answer: We use Business Rule activity in BPEL to invoke Business Rules.
Question: What we use in Business Rule when we need to define multiple rules ?.
Answer: We use Decision table when we need to define multiple rules with corresponding actions in Business Rule component.