MFT stands for Managed File Transfer which is used to handle file transfers. MFT is new web based solution introduced in SOA 12c where we design, deploy and monitor file transfers. MFT installer does not come with SOA 12c, we need to install it separately.
Features of MFT
1. Simple design: MFT is web based so we just need to do configuration to setup file transfer.
2. Monitoring dashboard: It provide complete visibility (provide file transfer tracking capabilities) and audibility.
3. Schedule file transfer
4. Integration with SOA, B2B, ODI
5. Large file transfer (500+ GB file)
6. Support for encryption, decryption, compression, decompression
7. High-Availability and cluster able
8. Resubmission, Pausing and Resuming capabilities
9. Support for OWSM policies
10. Secure: SSH,SSL, PGP Encryption
MFT Use Case Patterns
Below are the major pattern that comes under Managed File Transfer.
File to File
1. MFT pick the file from source (FTP/SFTP) and it can send that to either one target (FTP/SFTP).
2. MFT pick the file from source (FTP/SFTP) and deliver file to two target (FTP/SFTP). This is also known as Fan Out pattern.
SOA & Service Bus & B2B Integration
1. MFT pick the file from source (FTP/SFTP) and send it to SOA or Service Bus.
2. MFT invoked from SOA or Service Bus and send the data to target (FTP, SFTP).
Working with MFT
We follow below steps to design solution in MFT for file transfer.
1. Define Source : We define source from where we need to pick the file,. We also configure require parameters here like file naming pattern, polling interval etc. to pick the file.
2. Define Target: We define target where we need to put the file.
We have pre-defined options in MFT to choose source/target type as mentioned below.
• FTP/sFTP embedded
• FTP/sFTP remote
• Service Bus
3. Define Transfer: Here we link up Source to Target that define in previous steps. Here we can also provide additional parameters for file transfer like scheduling, pre & post processing etc if required.
4. Deploy : In this step, we deploy the MFT file transfer project. we click on deploy option to complete the deployment.
5. Monitor: Here we monitor the file transfer. We can perform different monitoring/auditing steps here, we can also re-submit the failed transfer from monitoring dashboard itself.