Human Task is one of the components of SOA Suite tool. In some end to end business processes we require human intervention e.g. manager needs to approval; in that cases we use this component i.e. Human Workflow component allows us to incorporate human intervention in a business process.
The human task component provides the following features:
- Human interactions with processes, including assignment and routing of tasks to the correct users or groups.
- Deadlines, escalations, notifications, and other features required for ensuring the timely performance of a task (human activity).
- Presentation of tasks to end users through a variety of mechanisms, including a worklist application (Oracle BPM Worklist).
- Organization, filtering, prioritization, and other features required for end users to productively perform their tasks.
- Reports, reassignments, load balancing, and other features required by supervisors and business owners to manage the performance of tasks.
- BPEL process invokes human workflow with human task activity.This creates a task in the human task service component. The process waits for the task to complete.
- There is metadata associated with the task that is used by the human task service component to manage the lifecycle of the task. This includes specification of the following:
- Who performs the task? If multiple people are required to perform the task, what is the order? Who are the other stakeholders? When must the task be completed?
- How do users perform the task, what information is presented to them, what are they expected to provide, and what actions can they take?
- The human task service component uses an identity directory, such as LDAP, to determine people’s roles and privileges.
- The human task service component presents tasks to users through a variety of channels, including the following:
- Oracle BPM Worklist, a role-based application that supports the concept of supervisors and process owners, and provides functionality for finding, organizing, managing, and performing tasks.
- Worklist functionality is also available as portlets that can be exposed in an enterprise portal.
- Notifications can be sent to email, phone, SMS, and other channels. Email notifications can be actionable, enabling users to perform actions on the task from within the email client without connecting to Oracle BPM Worklist or Oracle WebLogic Server.
BPEL process interact with human workflow with human task activity, we use that activity in BPEL when we need human intervention.
In Human task service component, we have three parts. First part (Service Part) uses to interact with BPEL process. Second Part (Client Interface) is used to interact with client applications. In third part (Task Definition) we create require human task.
Below is how human workflow works.